Thursday, February 10, 2005

Oh my GOD...!


The Great Overhanging Dude (GOD) at the West Way Climbing Wall is a great challenge for any intermedium climber. It is savagely overhanging but with big holds, it's long and sustained, and it's a climb to test your endurance and stamina (F6a+). After three months attempting it, I finally red-pointed it yesterday evening, giving way to one of the most elated feelings I climber can ever have. My climbing partners Patrik and James have also been trying this climb, and they're both very close to red-point it as well ..., go on guys! I will also try to convince my old french partner, Pascal, to give it a try, although he doesn't 'like to try climbs he knows he's going to fall off' and I would also try to convince our Slovakian climber Rastislav to give it a go, although he's so strong I'm sure he can flash it easily, ... go on Rasto!
The climb follows the grey bolt-on ladder that follows the yellow line in the picture above. And below, there I am, very close to the top, in my little moment of glory. Oh my GOD, when I was there I thought I wouldn't do it!

No comments: